This project started at the end of 2018 with duration of 2 years, and it is funded by the EU Programme ERASMUS+. Partnership included 7 partners from Bulgaria (2), Macedonia (3), and Croatia (2).
Today’s students in secondary schools are not enough interested in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM). At the same moment, STEM orientated school subjects are helping students to develop the skills needed to succeed in the global labor market, especially taking into account that scientific and technological innovations have become increasingly important as students face the benefits and challenges of globalization and a knowledge-based economy. Survey among the students in PPs high schools shows that not enough students consider a career in STEM so main questions that arise and lead to the idea for preparation of this project proposal were: How to overpass stereotypes that STEM are hard and boring? Can the modern technology help us?
The main aim of the project is development and use of new software solution – innovative ICT based educational tool (Augmented Reality – AR learning module) to connect students with STEM fields, as a non-traditional approach beyond the limits of classic classroom.
Main objectives of the project are:
- to create strategic partnership for transnational cooperation among different socio-economic organizations (education institutions, civil sector and ICT SMEs);
- to improve educational approaches in three secondary schools with new innovative educational tools;
- to increase awareness of the importance of the STEM school subjects;
- to increase students’ interest for STEM subjects in school.
Other specific objectives of the activities in the frame of the project will be:
- to create of a Strategic action plan for transnational cooperation in the field of educational development with help of new innovative educational tool;
- to develop new ICT based educational tool by using of Augmented Reality;
- to increase teachers computer literacy and competences and skills to use AR learning module and OER;
- to establish Q&A database with STEM related questions and answers;
- to improve students results in STEM subject with help of OER and AR learning module;
- to improve students teamwork skills through the use of AR learning module;
- to share the best practice in teaching and learning by eTwinning module.
The European Commission support for the production of this webpage does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.