There is a growing interest nowadays of using immersive technologies to promote Cultural Heritage, to engage and educate visitors, tourists and citizens. Digital heritage (DH) is the use of digital media in the service of preserving cultural or natural heritage. The main aim of digitization of cultural heritage is to enable the permanent access to specific cultural achievements (from three targeted regions in Croatia, Bulgaria and North Macedonia) starting from historical objects, paintings and/or traditional craftsmanship, up to local/regional traditional folklore music and/or dances to any interested person, regardless of his/her location on the world map.
Project main objectives are:
- Development of innovative educational approach with introducing of Digital Heritage in education process by using of 360-degrees videos;
- Establishing of a teachers network for transnational cooperation by using of eTwinning networking module;
- Promotion of advantages of long-term transnational strategic partnership among different type of organization in development of innovative educational methodologies.
Project specific objectives are:
- Increased teachers’ skills and competences in using of innovative “state of the art” VR technology /360-degrees videos/ in the educational process, with educational approach that will lead to reinforced creativity in education.
- Creating of Digital Heritage 360-degrees videos enhanced by animated 3D elements for promotion of cultural heritage in targeted regions in Croatia, Bulgaria and North Macedonia (min 9 – 3 per each country).
- Increasing of students interest and overall acknowledgement about importance of Cultural Heritage preservation.
- Enhancing students skills development and reinforcing of their creative potential.
- Improving of students presentation skills (for the best students from three schools).
- Establishing of transnational teacher’s network by using of eTwinning networking module.
- creation of a strategic Action plan with developed realistic actions/projects for the future transnational cooperation in the field of education.
- To present in front of the relevant stakeholders on local regional and national level an advantages of new developed “learning by doing” Digital Heritage-based educational method e.g. use of the high level ICT technology in Cultural Heritage preservation.
The partnership necessary for the successful realization of the project activities is consisted from 6 partners from three European countries (One NGO and one primary school from Croatia, North Macedonia and Bulgaria). Project Partners have determined as the best approach a combination of following activities: 3 transnational project meetings, 3 short-term joint staff training events, 1 short term mobility of groups of pupils, development of 3 Intellectual outputs and 3 multiplier events /one in each of three countries/.
Main target groups, as well as direct beneficiaries, are students on the age of 12 to 14th years old as well as a school teachers that are teaching school subjects related with the History, the Art and Music education from three schools from targeted regions. As indirect beneficiaries can be determined educational institutions that will get a more attractive educational process with highly competent teachers ready to implement new educational approaches, and an overall society that will get an important preserved data about the cultural heritage from the targeted regions.
School Teachers that are teaching the History, the Art and Music education will got increased competences and skills for practical implementation of new education approaches by using of VR, will become familiar with using of the eTwinning module for networking with their colleagues from other European countries to share the best practices. In addition they will got increased skills for practical implementation of “activity-based” education methods, which will lead to significant and effective improvement of the formal and non-formal schools’ education programs, for present and future generations of students in their schools.
Long-term impact for the three targeted regions can be seen by improved quality of their school education process for which they are very much interested in. Project activities will lead to increasing of the attractiveness of education process in primary schools, will improve their services, quality of teaching of future generations of students in their schools, will establish cooperation with other schools from other countries.
Project partners expect that with dissemination of project results through ERASMUS+ program network, by presenting of project achievements as good practices through eTwinning platform and You Tube, positive impact will also be made on the EU and larger international level, especially in maximizing the impact of Erasmus+ program in the field of cultural heritage education and encouraging greater awareness of Europe’s rich cultural heritage in schools
The European Commission support for the production of this webpage does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.